Pages

Thursday 1 September 2016

My Magic Box

I will put into the box …
A Silver fern from a New Zealand tree’s
The bond of Friendship that will never end
The taste of snowflake mounting on my tongue
A beautiful flower that reminds me of the love in the people around me


I will put into the box …
A verse of the New Zealand Anthem that we sing as a family
Necklace of animals that I love as friends
Shine from the summery sun on a hot day
The story of the beautiful girl's and boys the light up my world


I will put into the box …
The New Zealand flag that I stand tall and proud by
A dress that I shall wed in from my Grandmother
A drawing by my best friend of Mickey mouse


My box is fashioned from Greenstone and Maori wood carving  and Steel, with some Tiki’s on the lid and Family photos in the corners. Its hinges are joint by the journeys I travel as I go over hills and under bridges as I go through roads that lead me home.
I shall share my good memories in my box only good shall ever enter my box for all my children and their children’s children for them to add in when I am gone.

Today we looked at a poem by Kit Wright called The Magic Box. Part of our learning this term has been to think about how we can use words to paint a picture in the mind of the reader when we write a description. I used things from my cultural thing that I like.  

1 comments:

Robyn Anderson said...

What a fabulous poem Paige! You have painted a very clear picture with your words. I really like the line 'The bond of friendship that will never end'. It shows us that you treasure the friendships you have made :)

Post a Comment